TROPICAL EXPRESS TOUR
All aboard the Tropical Express!
The Tropical Express offers visitors an overview of Hawaii’s famous fruits and plants. Nestled against the lush Waikapu Valley and greater West Maui Mountains, this 45-minute tour is ideal for families or visitors who want to check off their tropical bucket list. Loop around the lagoon and cruise through parts of the Plantation accessible only to passengers aboard the Tropical Express.
Feel the Aloha spirit and immerse your five senses in paradise. Smell the flowers, taste the fresh fruit, feel the coconut husk, see the magnificent views, hear the stories, and ask questions!
This tour stops by the tiki hut for a 15-minute coconut husking and opening demonstration. As you ride the Tropical Express look for excellent photo opportunities and chances to interact with your guide.
BOOK EARLY! Tours often fill up in advance. General admission seats are reserved by purchasing tickets online.
DAILY TOUR TIMES
10:00 AM, 11:00 AM, 12:00 PM, 1:00 PM, 2:00 PM, 3:00 PM and 4:00 PM
Keiki (ages 3-12) $10
Keiki 2 yrs and under ride free!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- LENGTH is approximately 45 minutes, including a 15 minute stop at the tiki hut for a coconut husking and opening. In just under a mile, cruise through farmland set against the mountains.
- SITES are subject to seasonality but may include pineapple, coconut, mango, banana, coffee, plumeria, heliconia, macadamia nut, palms, papaya, ti leaf, starfruit, jackfruit, sugarcane, sweet potato, ulu, taro, herbs, lettuces, corn, avocado, rambutan, longan, citrus and more.
- BOOKING should take place before you arrive at the Plantation.
- BOARDING PASSES can be picked up at the Concessions Kiosk or Plantation Store.
- MEET your guide at the boarding platform five minutes before departure time. Your guide will provide a brief introduction and you’re off to see paradise. Your guide will drive you throughout private Plantation grounds pointing out items of interest and giving a fun overview of all things tropical.
- DISCOUNTS are included with your ticket purchase! 10% off food at the Mill House Restaurant, 10% off at Kumu Farms Stand ($10 minimum), and at 10% off at Mill House Roasting Co.
For groups of 30 or more please call 808.270.0307
Have a MAUI VALUE PASS? See below.
- Take a look at areas of the Plantation which are only accessible aboard the Tropical Express
- Ideal for families or travelers who want an overview of Hawaii’s famous fruits and plants
- 45-minute tour caters to a kid-friendly attention span
- A great break from the beach
- Fresh fruit sampling
- Spend unlimited time at Maui Tropical Plantation after your tour. Use the Guidebook App
- Tropical Express boards daily with several departure times allowing for flexibility
- Wheelchair accessible
- Convenient, Free parking
HAVE A MAUI VALUE PASS? Follow these steps:
1) Pick up your Maui Value Pass Booklet at Atlantis Submarine in Lahaina.
2) Call 808.244.7643 to reserve your seats ahead of time. Tours fill up so reserve beforehand.
3) When you arrive at the Plantation head to the Plantation Store and turn in your pink Maui Value Pass slip in exchange for your Tropical Express boarding passes.